I was wondering if anyone could share some artists who they know are awake by the lyrics in thier songs etc. I know of a few and i am trying to subject my self to better musical artists.  I will start and if you have any input it is greatly appreciated.

K-os, Dub FX

Views: 7148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JOY DIVISION

THE BLUE NILE

RADIOHEAD

DEAD CAN DANCE

TORI AMOS

A PERFECT CIRCLE
All I have to say is....ERYKA BADU.

Listen to her album "New Ameryka"....from start to finish...the first few tracks literally had me in tears. Not sad tears tho...its hard to explain. One thing I was curious about though about halfway through the cd there's a chant or prayer or sumthin....I don't know because I don't know the language. Really wish I knew what was being said though.

Anyway...check it out let me know what u think about the album. She's most definitely "awake"
No Doubt!
2Pac!

I think this has some meaning, I believe they are awake with these from their song, "Do Not Obey" from Overcome:

Never one to be held back or held down
I'd write my name so the king could see
I will follow the true declaration
And find some hope in what mankind could be

I've worked so hard
Let my deeds be my witness
And let my words flow through everyone
When free men stand
Against what would bind them
No hope for tyrants
We will over come

Do not, Do not, Do not obey
No masters now
Do not,Do not, Do not obey
Not subjects
We have held on for so long
Do not, Do not, Do not obey

Talking heads tell the masses the story
They shape the lie in the schools and the TV
Our fathers work and intent is unwritten
By the lazy who don't know they're free

I hear the story and it makes me determined
To spread the word that we can't just lay down
What we read and we see drawn before us
Is a lie and we must hold our ground

It's found in you
It's found in me
From birth to stone
We remain free as always
LUPE FIASCO!!
wearenotlosers.com
THE FALL

WIRE

THE ORB

APHEX TWIN

MARYLIN MANSON (yes , he definitely is)

LAIBACH

PSYCHIC TV

MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO

BAUHAUS

VIRGIN PRUNES

SLIPKNOT

TOOL
I've been working on a few things with samples from resistance skype chats and other meta samples (there's some stuff on my page). (also)Here's also some mood music that I stumbled across (emancipator (down below). Have at it, and ........beyond the lookout.
Attachments:
4-6
Attachments:
Glad someone mentioned the book "Music of time"- Preston B. Nichols. I was jut recommended that book not to long ago. As far as the band Tool, I've always been suspicious of them before, ever since I've researched New Age propaganda, I began to pick up subliminal messages incorporated in their music that parallel new age teachings.
I mentioned this book on the other clown forum...this book is very informative. Good read
YOSHI and CHIE cames from Osaka, Japon!
Their music is ... innerstanding itself.
Even tough the "tracks" has a "length", this is timeless. When you listen I mean....feel this music, with these couple, those people in front of you, only one thing grows inside you : love. You are suddenly part of a gigantic ball of energy, their way to make this appear is thought their instruments, voices, bodies...and other vibrant energies.
These energy, those energies when open enough can make you travel...

http://www.usmicmusic.com/yoshiandchie.html

You asked for "artists" awake by the lyrics"etc" . You'll can't read the lyrics, so I take the "etc" of your sentence to introduce you those other self. Happy awakening !

RSS

About

Sevan Bomar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Sevan Bomar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service