All you need to enjoy the healing effects of aromatherapy are an essential oil burner, a candle and some essential oils! It’s a wonderful cost effective way to heal the body, mind and soul.  Doing this reconnects us with the earth and all of her nature.  I find when I use essential oils I get instant stress relief, and over time I have learned which ones work well for me and you can too just by experimenting.  I have even found that some oils can bring back past life memories, it acts as kind of a jog in the memory and is profoundly effective.

To get the most out of your oils you will need to know a couple of things. You can refrigerate your oils and they will last for two years from opening, with the exception of citrus oils and tea tree.  If you have them at room temperature then citrus and tea tree last six months and all others a year. If the oil is cloudy or sticky or has a sour smell and loss of fragrance then it’s probably expired.

Essential oils are super concentrated and powerful so they are to be used in small quantities, that’s why they come in such small bottles ..Lol.  Do not ingest the oils nor should you put them directly onto your skin if you have not diluted them. The only exceptions to this rule are lavender (for burns, cuts and insect bites) and tea tree (for pimples, cuts, insect bites and warts).  If you have a bad skin reaction with any oil you should wash the affected area with unscented soap and use grape seed oil to calm the area.

Carrier oils are oils that you can have large quantities of and add essential oil drops to make massage blends they include: grape seed , sunflower, apricot kernel and sweet almond.  Store them in a cool dark place for up to nine months.  When you make massage blends make sure you are using in tinted dark glass bottles so that sunlight does not spoil it.  The basic calculation is 10 drops of essential oil to 4 tsp of carrier oil.  Those with sensitive skin or pregnant moms to be past the first trimester should use half as many drops of essential oil, so 5 to every 4 tsp.  If you are pregnant make sure the essential oil you buy is safe for you to use because I know that some fragrances can even bring on labor so just make sure you ask or find out first before you buy.

Other ways to use the oils are adding a few drops to your bath, inhaling the oil directly in a bowl of steaming hot water with a towel over your head, using an oil burner and letting the smell fill your room or adding a few drops to a compress.

Here are some quick blends to use for inhalation since we are coming up to the winter season ( add these to a large bowl of hot water and drap a  towel over your head and take full body breathes)

For a stuffy head:  3 drops eucalyptus and 3 drops scotts pine

To unblock your nose: 3 drops Myrtle and 3 drops peppermint

To soothe throat and chest: 3 drops Himalayan cedarwood and 3 drops of frankincense

To ease a chest infection: 3 drops of tea tree and 3 drops of lemon

Using  a vapourizer you can buy one that just requires a tea light or you can buy an electric one.  I personally like the one with a candle because it just adds extra ambiance to a low lit room, especially if you are mediating.

To relax the room: 2 drops lemongrass and 4 drops cardamom

To warm the room and lift spirit: 4 drops sweet orange and 2 drops clove bud

To keep germs at bay: 3 drops tea tree and 3drops manuka

To improve sleep: 4 drops lavender and 2 drops tangerine

Of course you can always buy pre made blends I just like the alchemy of making your own recipes ;)  Hope that gets everyone started! Wholness.

Views: 571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ya thnx for this i really need to get this stuff organized for my place before it gets cold and i cant open the window and let the fresh air in. 

would the suggestion you made for throat and chest also work for my sinusitis? my throat gets ultra dry and i have to drink tonnes of water and then my cheeks around my nose start burning and ears start ringing. 

Eucalyptus oil is often used in a steam inhalation to help clear nasal and sinus congestion. Eucalyptus oil works similarly to that of menthol.  Have you ever tried using a netti pot? It looks similar to a tea pot, but with a longer, narrower spout for the nostrils. These can be found in most health food stores. Mix some sea salt with a little baking soda in some warm water, then put that into the netti pot and flush out your sinuses by tilting your head on either side and holding one of your nostrils shut with the other hand.

thank you for your reply. yeah i have a nasal rinse that i spray up both nostrils, but maybe ill try the netti pot, it sort of freaked me out, but i'm learning to broaden my perspective and try new things. so i will try your suggestions and i appreciate your help

take care

No worries Tyrone, glad i could help :) Wholeness
i love black pepper essential oil,mixed with eucalyptus.I wear that daily ,oils add a nice touch to your energy

Thanks for this Whole.

I have to agree with this, there are just times when people go a little overboard with their idea of sickness and they go with means that are not really that supported heavily by any of the groups.  And when that happens, there is a hard thing that you could consider as something that would not work properly.  Sort of what you could call a placebo effect.

RSS

About

Sevan Bomar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Sevan Bomar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service