I have recently started taking Triphala a formula with amalaki,bibhitaki and Haritaki it was very inexpensive and of a good quality.Amalaki has a super vitamin c and alote of other things polyphenols and tannins heres some info i found on Amalaki 1. Excellent source of Vitamin C. Amalaki is the most concentrated
form of Vitamin C found in the plant kingdom, and when the whole fruit
is used rather than an active ingredient, the Vitamin C is easily
assimilated by the human body. The Vitamin C in the Amalaki fruit is
bonded with tannins that protect it from being destroyed by heat or
2. Enhances food absorption. The regular use of Amalaki can strengthen digestion, absorption and assimilation of food. People
taking it notice that they enjoy the taste of food better. It enhances all thirteen digestive fires (agni). But it works more slowly and
gently than ginger or other digestion-enhancing herbs, so it can be taken by people with a lot of Pitta without fear of creating excess
stomach acid. In addition, it improves assimilation of iron for
3. Balances stomach acids. Because it improves digestion, but does not heat the body, Amalaki is ideal for calming mild to moderate
hyperacidity and other Pitta-related digestive problems.
4. Fortifies the liver. Amalaki helps purify the Rasa Dhatu (nutrient fluid) and Rakta Dhatu (blood), thus supporting the functions of the
liver. It also strengthens the liver, helping it in eliminating toxins from the body. Research shows that Amalaki helps lower cholesterol.
5. Nourishes the brain and mental functioning. Amalaki is good for the brain. It is nurturing for the mind and enhancing coordination
among dhi (acquisition), dhriti (retention), and smriti (recall). It helps sharpen the intellect and mental functioning. It supports the
nervous system and strengthens the senses.
6. Supports the heart. It is hridya, which means it nurtures the heart, blood and circulation. It supports the cardiovascular system.
7. Strengthens the lungs. The Amla helps pacify Kapha dosha as well.
Therefore, Amla is a wonderful tonic for strengthening and nourishing the lungs (which are a major seat of Kapha dosha in the body), and the entire respiratory tract. It also pacifies Shleshaka Kapha, which among other things governs moisture balance in the lungs.
8. Regulates elimination. Amla pacifies Apana Vata, thus helping with the downward flow of energy in the body. They keep the function of
elimination regular and ease constipation.
9. Enhances fertility. By balancing Apana Vata and by nurturing all the dhatus (body tissues), Amalaki also keeps menstruation regular and
healthy. Amalaki supports the reproductive systems of both men and women and can help overcome difficulty in conceiving. It is a vrishya
herb, which means that it enhances all the seven tissues (dhatus), including the reproductive tissue. This herb nurtures the ovaries and sperm, and it has a property called garbhasthapana, which means it enhances fertility and the possibility of conception. It is especially nurturing for women, strengthening the uterus and supporting reproductive health.
10. Helps the urinary system. Because it enhances all the thirteen agnis (digestive fires) and supports Apana Vata, Amalaki is especially
supportive to the urinary system and can be helpful if you experience a mild burning sensation while urinating. It supports natural diuretic action, but does not force water from the body like diuretic pills. In other words, it helps eliminate waste from the body but does not over-
stimulate the urinary system.
11. Good for the skin. Because Amalaki strengthens digestion, helps
the liver detoxify and is rich in Vitamin C and other minerals, it is very good for the complexion. Amalaki moisturizes the skin, cleanses
the tissues of toxins, and supports immunity of the skin against bacterial infection. It helps enhance glow and luster.
12. Promotes healthier hair. Amalaki boosts absorption of calcium, thus creating healthier bones, teeth, nails and hair. It also helps
maintain youthful hair color and retards premature graying, and supports the strength of the hair follicles, so there is less thinning
13. Acts as a body coolant. Although Amalaki is good for all body types (doshas) and seasons, it is especially effective in the hot
season to cool Pitta dosha. It is an especially good for people with Pitta and Vata body
14. Flushes out toxins. Individuals who have been eating "junk" food
for awhile tend to have accumulated deposits of preservatives and additives in the liver. Amalaki helps support the liver in flushing
out chemicals and additives from the physiology.
15. Increases vitality. Because it has five tastes and supports all the body types and many body functions and cleanses the blood and the
microchannels of the body, Amalaki increases energy and removes fatigue. It supports regeneration of cells-the process by which tired
old cells are replaced by vital, new ones.
16. Strengthens the eyes. Amalaki is called chakshushya, which means "strengthening the eyes"- (Chakshu means "eye" and ayushya means "rasayana" so it is literally a "tonic for the eyes"). It supports the health of the eye by enhancing both Ranjaka Pitta (the subdosha of
Pitta that governs liver function and the blood plasma) and Alochaka Pitta (the subdosha of Pitta that governs the eyes and vision). The
tri-doshic nature of Amalaki also makes it a good tonic for the eyes.
17. Improves muscle tone. Amalaki enhances protein synthesis, which is why it is good for strengthening muscles and building lean muscle mass. Its unique ayurvedic action offers athletes and body I feel the benifts right after i take it ,it tastes tangy and alote like TANG!!! if you put a few drops of stevia in it.I like it but very sour .I get herbs from horizon herbs I have tried Gotu Kola from 4 places the best 2 places i got it from where from india.The Gotu Kola I got from them at the same time because ive been out for a time,was far superior to any of the others i have had(dont get it from china)that was a mistake horizonherbs.com is a good place to get at least these herbs i see in this catolog 1 pound sizes amalaki ;ashwaganha ,gotu kola neem,shatavari,triphala,turmeric . I got the ashwagandha,it said to take with gotu kola so i do ,it tast horrible but not so bad now.I feel really good though .This is the way to go to balance the system with herbs and good food in proper quantity.I regulate the system now with triphala it is supose to tone the system up.Thank you resistance I hope to suport more soon and i hope to hear others experience with these and other things i do not know of.Wholeness brothers and sisters of the world